Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Coming Mother's Day: May 10th, 2015

MWCI tackles the belief that you're not a good enough Mom because your disease keeps you from being the Mom you want to be, the Mom your little one deserves. We'll discuss the challenges of parenting with chronic illness (physical and mental) and chronic pain, offer suggestions, tips and how-to's to get through the bad days and to make the most of the good days.

Finally (and perhaps most importantly) we'll wrestle with the guilt and shame of being less than the world tells us we ought to be, all from a Christian worldview. We'll tackle our self-hatred head on because we are not weak. We're more than strong. We're powerful. We have to be.

Please don't hesitate to share your stories, insights, comments, questions, prayers and prayer requests here on MWCI. Use the "Contact Form" on the right-hand side of the screen, or the "Comments" section on the bottom of each post. Of course, I will only publish that which is kind and appropriate.
*
"So to keep me from becoming conceited [...], a thorn was given me in the flesh, a messenger of Satan to harass me, to keep me from becoming conceited. Three times I pleaded with the Lord about this, that it should leave me. But He said to me,  “My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me." (2 Corinthians 12:7-9)
Josephina (Josie) & Mom
Easter, 2014

7 mos. old

Josie's Mother's Day Card
Mother's Day, 2015
20 mos. old

No comments:

Post a Comment